Monday 16 December 2019

Miraculous Poetry

This week one we had a guest poet, Vanessa Paton-Myers, lead our group. She brought along two inspirational quotes to inspire us:

The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams

Miracles happen to those who believe in them.



MIRACLES

Extraordinary
In the everyday
Smiles
And takes your breath away

A kind word
An act of grace
Eternity
In time and space

- Pauline




FUTURE

This sense of doom
A fore-shortened future
A long shadow
Falling forward
The sun
Behind

I know
Deep down
I know
And dream
Of something
Different

- Pauline




DREAMS, WHAT ARE THEY?

Dreams,
dreams,
what are they?
Something to aspire to?
Or something that's pointless cos I'll never get there anyway?

I wish I could dream
And hope
And fantasise of a better future,
Of being able to walk along the beach
Of travelling the world
Of making and selling enough art to live comfortably
Of writing a book, having it published, and sold.

Or maybe there's the dream
of being content with myself
with how I am
with who I am
with maybe even believing
that I'm ok as I am
that I'm `gud enuf'
I guess that's my true dream.

- Christine Philp





No comments:

Post a Comment

Zen & the Art of Lawn Mowing

'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' was a hallowed book in the 1970's counter-culture scene.  Perhaps not the easiest bo...