Monday 17 June 2024

Invisible Poetry


Poetry is often a solo affair so it's good to collaborate for a change! This week we took the theme of "invisibility". We all had a piece of paper with a different take on the theme and were then asked to write one line and then pass the paper to the next person to add a line. Each writer was only allowed to see the last line. This can lead to some delightfully random results but also wonderful synergies and a few laughs!


A CLOAK OF SILENCE

Wrapped in stitches of stillness

The stars went out, coffee cold

As the sun rose and the dew set

Everything looking so still

Deadly waters look shallow but run deep

What lies beneath?

A stern look on an empty street

The cold copper sprayed the blurry night light

And lit my face with a soft glow

Hidden in plain sight

Like a treat for sore eyes on a moonlit night

The moon itself stares back

The moon knows me.



I THINK THEREFORE...

I can evaluate

A situation with weight

I loosened my tie

And let out a soft cry

Relaxing through my body

Wellbeing courses lifeblood to my soul

I miss some things

Others were a delightful departure 

But I sank like the moon in no-man's land

Without a ripple in the surface of my mind

Going straight away, very faithful

And truthful, feeling blessed.



TOO SMALL TO SEE

Too quiet for people to take notice of me

I hide behind my fences

Polka dot defences

Ran all over her dress

And seeped into the earth

Looking like a hidden pin

Sharp tack solitude seeping

Downwards toward

The depths of morning

Revealing the truth hidden in the sky

Too big to comprehend, too far to see

Like it's a mile away



I AM INVISIBLE

No one sees me in the room

My feelings tell me gloom and doom

This place feels like I am surrounded by stone

My hands frozen, movements too slow

I caught the feeling like a chill in the rain

It crept up my spine like a spider

Feels like you're closing in on yourself

A prisoner of its own making

Of my own making

The weight on shoulders

Lifted my weightless eyes like a bird in the night

And breathed a sigh of relief.



A DARK NIGHT

The moon lost his way to heaven in the curtain of the night

His thoughts dark, his mind clouded

Can't find his way around

Directionless, stumbling in the dark

Engulfed it seems

In blackness, he seeks

The girl in the white dress with raven tress

Sung to the invisible moon

Hearing howls and growls in the silence

Are they werewolves, or only swearwolves?

Howling, so lonely

But a generous scream.



THE WIND

Breathe, breathe on me

Blow me around

Typhoon, whirlwind, all over town

Swirling up fallen leaves and scattering

Making the day dance

My tapping shoes skipped the gravelly path

Gleeful, grateful 

Feeling free, high in the sky

Pie-eyed dreams and misty eyes

Make my eyes tired

My eyes dance too

Flowing rivers strumming the street


No comments:

Post a Comment

Invisible Poetry

Poetry is often a solo affair so it's good to collaborate for a change! This week we took the theme of "invisibility". We all ...